Exam Results 2016
A Level results set QM students up for life to the full!
• 72% of grades at A* / A / B
• 34 candidates scored three grade As or better
• 9 students achieved 4 A*/A grades
“The cohort of 2016 has secured some excellent results as we expected. Our students have proved once again that they can compete with the very best nationally and we are delighted for them.
The boys and girls from Queen Mary’s Grammar School will be going on to some of the top universities in the UK (and the world) to study a full range of exciting and rewarding courses.
However, our school is about far more than exam success. The real truth is that, while we expect everyone to work as hard as they can, education is also about enjoyment and challenge, exploring, adventure and making friends for life. That is what makes Queen Mary’s different! The young men and women who have received good news from the Exam Boards have also been involved in all sorts of exciting projects during the year – from participating in a Space Camp in the USA to launching their own space probe in the payload of a gas-filled balloon. They have climbed a virtual mountain to get great A Level results and the very real Mount Kilimanjaro in a recent expedition to Tanzania. They have shown themselves to be international in outlook, enterprising in spirit and generous in their approach. It is this, together with their A Level success, that makes us confident that they are equipped for an exciting future. Life to the full.”
Team QM strikes GCSE Gold!
The pupils at Queen Mary’s Grammar School are facing the future with confidence after securing some medal-winning results at GCSE.
A staggering 78% of all results were at A* or A. That’s only 0.2% away from the School’s all-time record! As a cohort, they have worked hard and when the going was tough, they kept their eyes on the finishing line. Living with high expectations isn’t always easy, but boys at the Grammar School have shown themselves to be resilient and determined.
“We are all hugely proud of their achievements,” says Tim Swain, Head Teacher, joining in the celebrations.
“We knew that this was an able cohort, but we didn’t want to take anything for granted. To see the rewards of all their perseverance is a great thing. Once again, Team QM has put a Walsall School on the map. These results compare favourably with some of the best schools in the country. Our boys can hold their heads high. Congratulations are definitely the order of the day.”
• 79% of all grades were A* or A
• 100% of our pupils achieved 5A*-C
• 65 pupils (more than 2/3 of the cohort) scored A*/A in at least 8 subjects
• 12 pupils scored 10 A* grades or better
• 98% of pupils made 3 Levels of progress in Maths
• 100% of pupils made 3 Levels of Progress in English/English Literature
• Our provisional Progress 8 Score is +0.52 and Attainment 8 is 72.31
• 93% of the Year 11 students continued into the sixth form
• 87% of our students achieved the English Baccalaureate